Friday, January 16, 2009

Unnecessary Expenses


I missed a day. But I'm not going to worry about it. Nothing of consequence happened yesterday anyways. And we ate pot pies for dinner last night. But Daryll did bring home some beautiful roses for me that served a great purpose as the picture for today.

We're working on saving more money, which means cutting out unnecessary expenses. For me, the greatest sacrifice in this new program is that my Starbucks intake is limited to 2 coffees a week. (FYI, Daryll has the same restraint put on him and he's taking it harder than you might imagine.) Now, it's never really been about the coffee. It's about the atmosphere. It's about getting out of the house, having a routine, saying hi to my local barista. It's having a place to study, a place to read, a place that has free Wi-Fi. It's about memories and friendships, traditions. But despite all that, I am sad to say that I haven't stepped foot into a Starbucks since Christmastime. I'm not even sure if they're still serving the holiday drinks or if they're gone. Did they have a holiday clearance sale? I don't know! My mom told me about some cute new cups they have in stock, but I haven't seen them. ME! The girl who collects Starbucks mugs from around the world to display in my kitchen. The girl whose Christmas tree is half decorated with miniature Starbucks Holiday Edition Cups. *Sigh...* Honestly, I'm not sure that Starbucks can last without me in this economic climate. But who knows...maybe Daryll will read this post and have some mercy on me. (Either that, or he'll think I'm a Starbucks-deprived crazy lady. Let's hope for the former.)

0 comments: