Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snuggle Bugs



Ella and Lulu's favorite time of day is snuggle time. Actually, they usually get to experience snuggle time more than once a day. They start in the early morning when Daryll takes them downstairs to go outside. When they run back in the house they jump up on the couch and look up at Daryll longingly. Usually he gives in just because the couch, blankets, and puppies sound much more inviting then getting an early start on the day. When he leaves for work they sleep in their bed for a while longer before they wake me up with whines and big brown eyes looking up at me. When I walk downstairs they jump on the couch again and I usually give in as well. Ella immediately dives for the blanket and Lulu snuggles up right next to me and they're asleep again in minutes. Their final snuggle time is at night when they're so tired they can hardly stand anymore (well, at least Lulu is). But I must admit that I think I like the snuggle time as much as the puppies do. They're just so warm and cuddly...

1 comments:

The Floydster said...

My Max is a snuggle-bug also. He'll get under the covers and wiggle down to my feet when we go to bed. Through the night he works his way up until he's snuggled up by my back (I've turned to sleep on my side by then.) Several nights I feel four paws on my back when he wakes and stretches, then falls back to sleep. I can't remember the last time I've slept through the night but he's worth it.