Saturday, January 10, 2009

Hurray for the Weekend!


Hello,
This is Daryll writing the blog for a day. Today was a beautiful San Diego day, which we enjoyed by heading over to Mission Bay and relaxing/reading there for a little bit. Unfortunately dogs are not allowed, so the girls had to stay at home. Then we watched the Ravens-Titans game, which was really close but the Ravens pulled it out in the end. If the Chargers can defeat the Steelers tomorrow they would host the Ravens next weekend in San Diego! Then a quick dinner before making some cookies from scratch.

This week was one of the busiest ever at work. Really getting started as a manager this week, managing both the company training program and the telesales-supplies team. I am very excited about the change, but it certainly is a lot of work! I spent half of the work week in meetings, between an all day manager's meeting on Tuesday, a Sales kickoff on Wednesday afternoon, and a telesales kickoff on Friday afternoon. Not to mention trying to prepare for the Training program next week, was up until around 3:30 Thursday night working on that and still not quite done...but I know once I get settled in a little bit and all the new year craziness wears out it will get better. I've worked hard to get here, not afraid of a little more work to stay!

Sad news of the past week was that John Smoltz spurned the Braves to go to Boston! The last of the big 3 (well Glavine is a Brave now but he left to the Mets for 5 years in between...) and my favorite. Though if the Red Sox make it to another postseason, they COULD have two of the best postseason pitchers of our time in Smoltz and Schilling...if both aren't retired by then. He's also the last player from the 1991 team (again, Glavine too. Also Bobby Cox). Personally, I think the Braves GM could be fired after next season. This offseason he FAILED to resign Smoltz, Hampton, couldn't get AJ Burnett, Jake Peavy, and was publicly humiliated by Rafael Furcal. None of that ever would have happened to John Schuerholtz. I should send in my resume now.

Really excited for Trish and her schooling stuff, as well as the fact I ordered another copy of Guitar Hero which should arrive soon. Quick story on that too. Before I decided to go for Guitar Hero instead of Rock Band, I had ordered a Rock Band "Tracks" CD. Basically for Rock Band you need to buy "Tracks" CD's for more songs, they are like $20 and I bought it for half that...anyway, the Guitar Hero guitar and drums don't work for Rock Band, but I could still sing the songs on the CD. Pretty lame, but I love pretending to be a rock star still. Only fun for so long, but I do think Trish enjoyed my version of Boston's "More Than a Feeling"...Here's our picture from sunny San Diego!

0 comments: