Saturday, April 18, 2009

Saturday Morning and Oh What a Beautiful Day

Just sitting here waiting for Daryll to get off of work this morning and thought I'd write a quick blog to help pass the time. It's already been a productive morning...well, not because of anything I've done, but thanks to my gardners who made our front and back yards look wonderful in 1/4 of the time it would've taken Daryll and I to do it. The dogs are already loving the "new" backyard and, as always, are the faithful explorers checking out every corner.

Yesterday was my last free weekday for a while so I spent it catching up on some scrapbooking and putting my Cricut to good use. Last night Daryll and I went to our favorite little Italian restaurant for dinner before catching a glorious sunset at Mission Bay.

As many of you know, I am constantly thinking of ideas for how I can renovate and change different aspects of our house. My newest scheme is to figure out what to do with the landing in the stairway. I'm thinking that I'm going to do an eclectic mix of pictures, embellishments, and the letter D (for our last name), like I found on Elizabeth Kartchner's blog. (She's one of my favorite scrapbookers and has a very cute design sense.) I started on my project yesterday by creating silhouettes of Daryll and myself on Photoshop that I hope to frame and add to the wall. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Oooh, and let me know if you see any random D's anywhere (I know they have them at Anthropologie for instance). BTW, doesn't Daryll's face make a wonderful silhouette?
Anyways, that is all for this morning. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and enjoy the sun!

1 comments:

George said...

very good idea, will look great.