Friday, April 10, 2009

Latest Obsession

I’ve wanted one for at least 4 years. I asked for it at every gift giving holiday. I’ve stared at it longingly every visit to Michaels. And now, it’s finally mine...


The Cricut! Unless you’re a crazy scrapper like me, you probably are staring at the screen quizzically right now wondering how I could be so obsessed with something that you’ve never even heard of. Well, let me take a moment right now to briefly introduce you to the most amazing invention ever to hit the scrapbooking/ paper crafting/ home goods making world. The Cricut is at its heart a die cutting machine, meaning that it makes precise cuts of shapes, letters, etc. It can cut through anything from as thin as vellum to as thick as chipboard to as textured as vinyl in sizes as small as 1/4” or as large as 23 3/4'”. And there are infinite possibilities of the shapes it can make and the projects I can create with its power at my fingertips. Annnnd, it magically does all of this without needing to be connected to a computer. (If you want more info go to www.cricut.com.)


Now, I know that sometimes when you think about something for a long time, glorifying it in your brain and thinking of how great it could be if you two were finally united, that when you actually finally get it, it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. This was not the case with the Cricut. I am even more in love with it than I thought I would be. I spent all last night watching in awe as the Cricut made tiny little intricate cuts in the blink of an eye and then moved onto huge page elements. I couldn’t help but think of all the time I’ll save by not having to cut out letters one by one with my xacto knife to create the perfect title for my scrapbooking pages. As we speak, my desk is covered in shapes, shapes, and more magnificent shapes. All cut out in mere moments by the greatest thing since sliced bread. Ahhh, I am so happy...

p.s. I made my first digi scrapping page today! Check it out below.


3 comments:

D Ray said...

Digi Do! I liked your first page I really do...
From the background of blue to the paper of white
your first scrapping page is a thing of delight!
The pictures are perfect, your smiles are sincere
The words are fantastic, simple and true. I'm so happy you enjoy your new tool, the cricket, it's not Jimminy, however it sounds like it hops with no skips and he is no fool. Enough of this foolery, it is getting late. I shall retire, wait I already did and I have the axe, not the boot, to prove it! Regards to all, and to all a Good Night!

Unknown said...

andrea said:can't wait to see it in action! you will have to give us a demonstration when we are down visiting...see you soon!!

Tri This said...

ok so my brandonmath blog will be for myself now and tri this will be all about ... Tri This, the triathlon company/team.

http://www.tri-this.org

lots of blog comments this weekend!