Thursday, April 9, 2009

Another Year Wiser...

Tuesday, April 7th marked the date of my 24th year of life. As I turn 24, I'd like to take a few moments and reflect on 23 (no, I'm not turning into Daryll. But he might be rubbing off on me a little bit):

23 About Me at 23:
1. I got married to my college sweetheart and we started our life together on a majestic honeymoon in Tahiti
2. I spent the first 5 months wedding planning...
3. ...and the last 7 months job hunting
4. I spent my 3rd summer working at Knock Around Camp with a promotion to Assistant Camp Director
5. I was interested in being an interior designer, non-profit volunteer coordinator, professional organizer, graphic designer, event planner... (and I still am)
6. I realized that my political science degree is pretty useless
7. I experienced my loneliest year to date with many of my friends leaving San Diego
8. I became a pretty darn good cook and spent a lot of time trying to make new meals
9. I became obsessed with Etsy and started making and selling aprons on the site
10. I was very disappointed in my favorite sports teams: Angels lost in the first round of playoffs, Ravens did well but Kyle wasn't playing, and don't even get me started on Ohio State...
11. I started blogging for the first time ever and I love it!
12. I went on a hot air balloon ride with Daryll for my 23rd birthday
13. I increased my Photoshop skills 10 fold
14. I was on 2 Championship softball teams
15. My joy was increased significantly with the addition of Lulu to our little family
16. I finally got the opportunity to paint the walls of a house that I'm living in
17. I learned what it is like to truly be let down by a person you care about
18. I took quite a liking to Guitar Hero
19. I appreciated my family's support this year more than any before it
20. I FINALLY got to see a Buckeye game in real life (but we won't mention the outcome here...)
21. I realized my dream of hosting a Superbowl Chili Cook-Off
22. I went to my first NFL playoff game
23. I got to do it all with Daryll by my side

On Tuesday my Dad and George came down and Daryll took the day off of work. We celebrated by eating lunch together, playing Wii, and heading down to Petco Park for the Padres first win this season. I really enjoyed the day and was glad to have friends and family to spend it with.

P.S. Admittedly this is not a great picture of any of us, but it's the only one with all four of us from the ballgame, so there you go.

1 comments:

D Ray said...

Great Birthday celebration! Old town lunch was wonderful on the patio, great weather. Never thought by the end of the game that evening it would be raining, I called it a heavy mist. You were right (again) by George! The next morning had a great time after breakfast at Buster's in sea port village, we went to the bay and had fun kite flying. Almost blew Trish across the grass. George & I took the scenic trek home. Stopped by Cardiff & visited Mat & Laura & family at the beach house. Had dinner and saw the gardens at Swami's Another great day.I was able to get George home before midnight.