Friday, December 10, 2010

Wisdom

December 10 –  Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? (Author: Susannah Conway)

My wisest decision of the year might have been the first one I made. I didn't know it at the time and never really grasped the power of it until this very moment, but my wisest decision in 2010 was to document my life. This #reverb10 project has really forced me to think hard and reflect on my year. As you may know, I don't have the greatest long-term memory and things begin to slip if they're not on the forefront of my mind. As one of my new years resolutions this year, I took on project life: a picture a day in 2010. I am most grateful for this project and the ability to look back at our year and marvel at all that has happened.

At the start of 2010:
-We didn't have a church to call home
-We were still fighting with the dogs to keep them securely in the kitchen everyday
-I didn't know a darn thing about photoshop
-We had never made a piece of furniture before
-I didn't know that I was going to have the chance to have a good friend live with us for 6 weeks
-Our home had never been broken into and our privacy violated
-I never thought I'd take on texturizing the bathroom walls alone 

In 2010:
-We started going to CBC and love calling it our home church
-The dogs haven't escaped in months. Such an easy fix with a sheet of plywood too...
-Now I know photoshop, illustrator, some blog design, and how to shoot pictures in manual mode!
-We made an entertainment center and two bookcases
-Megan lived with us for 6 weeks and we shared some experiences that I will never forget
-Our home got broken into and some possessions were stolen
-I texturized and repainted the bathrooms...while Daryll was gone one night ;-)

It is a gift to have my pictures and blog to look back upon. It was unforeseen wisdom at its finest. 

0 comments: