Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Make

December 6 – Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? (Author: Gretchen Rubin)

I believe that the last thing that I made was the "joy" sheet music window that I'm trying to sell. I love the window projects and thanks to Conor I have a continual influx of supplies!

It seems like I am always in the throes of a project.  I like to keep my hands and my mind busy and I do that by trying out new techniques and projects. This year has been particularly project-heavy. Daryll and I tried our hand at woodworking for the first time, completing an entertainment center and bookcases for the sides of it. I also tried my hand at jewelry-making and pulled off several successful designs. I made some movie posters for my boss's wedding in photoshop (also a first and also a great success!). I made several scrapbook pages and have almost completed my 365 project!

As far as projects I need to make time for... the biggest one I can think of is reuphostering my couch. I purchased and cut the fabric already, but I've been reluctant to get out the machine and start sewing when I'm not sure that I'll have enough time to finish the project. Our garage is also full of a bunch of half painted objects. Frames and mirrors that I want to add to the walls, a curio cabinet for the landing on the stairs, a wreath for Christmas (hmmm, I should probably get on that one!). Jen and I have also slowly and surely been working on our first quilts. Eventually we will finish... haha. Love this prompt and love to create!

0 comments: