Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Beautifully Different

December 8 – Beautifully Different. Think about what makes you different and what you do that lights people up. Reflect on all the things that make you different – you’ll find they’re what make you beautiful. (Author: Karen Walrond)
After completing the Del Mar Mud Run 2010

Oh man, everyday these prompts just get harder and harder. It's hard to be humble with a prompt like this...

I think that there are several things about me that make me different. Of course there's the obvious: I'm a red head with brown eyes! (And we make up less than 1% of the entire human population!) I should just stop there! :-) I'm very athletic and competitive as well, and rarely turn down an opportunity to jump in a game or get dirty when it's call for. I am a learner and love to learn just for the sake of learning. Along that same line, I love "fun facts" (see redhead, above). I like to make people feel included and I am always willing to expand the group so that more people can join. I'm not afraid to just jump into a project without having the slightest clue what I'm doing - yet, I'm a perfectionist and often look at my completed projects and can only see flaws! I'm a creative person and like working with my hands (especially when those hands are creating something pretty for my home, or for me to wear, or for your home, or for you to wear!) I'm a homemaker and a bit of a domestic goddess. I love to cook, bake, and entertain. I take great pride in my work and I think it's a high form of compliment when people tell me that things I make (or bake, or photograph, or whatever...) look professional!

Here is what I hope lights people up: I'm a little bit witty, especially when I'm engaged with a group. I really love laughing along with people and I crack myself up sometimes. I can't help but tell people when I'm excited about something and I think that my excitement is magnetic and draws others into the excitement as well. As I spoke about yesterday, relationships are important to me and I try to make time on a regular basis to call old friends just to let them know I was thinking about them and care about our friendship.

I don't know what else to write, so you tell me... What do I do that lights you up?

2 comments:

Riley Carson said...

Funny enough, a lot of people seem to think that this post was a bit of a doozy because it's hard to answer it without sounding like you're full of yourself... Ha!

Red head with brown eyes? What a beautiful combination.

Actually that photo you have in the top right of your layout? That kinda lights me up! It's fun!

Darylld said...

Great post, and a few things: Your laugh itself lights people up, your throwing arm in softball, the way you care about your family, your love of Pumpkin spice latte, and the way you show your love for me!