Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Community - Daryll's Take

Community
When I think about community, I think back to the old Costa Verde/ La Jolla Tennis Club times living with Jared, Greg, Jeff, and Frank/Mike!   Sure, we liked to make fun of each other and pull some practical jokes, but we were also there in the tough times too.  Pouring cold water on Greg in the shower, the famous “Tickle Time” where usually Frank would look around the room, ask what time it was, then I would scramble for anything to try and beat back the rest as they tackled me to the floor and tickled me until I screamed like a girl.  And of course the one and only time we played Smashed Bros..
Lots of just sitting around with our shirts off enjoying being men.
We early on established nicknames like “Ladies Man”, “Rock Star”, “Frank the Tank”, “Frat Boy” and “El Jefe” which we had a lot of fun with.  A few other highlights from our years together include many nights hanging out in the spa just outside our apartment, Frank cooking for all of us (even if his mom didn’t like me), and lots of Mario Kart and Smash Bros.
A perfect community?  No.  Memories to last a lifetime – friendships forged forever?  Absolutely.

2 comments:

Jeff Schuil said...

We had it pretty good, didn't we? Such great friendships and memories. Yoshi vs Samus vs Fox vs Kirby vs Pikachu (and the occasional Lugi)!

Unknown said...

Good times! Good times! When the plan for any given evening was: Spa + movie + Country Time Lemonade + fresh cookies + Super Smash Bros... those were the days! I agree with Jeff, we definitely had it good!