Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Welcome Home, Fall!

The rumors are true...fall has officially arrived in the Dorman Household! And it is definitely a welcome visitor. I started decorating at the end of last week and I'm feeling pretty satisfied with how it's all coming about. And I've only spent $1 on fall decorations! Even better!!

Here's a sneak peek at the decorations so far:

Pumpkin and leaves in the entryway

Zoom it out a little...aww aren't they cute?


I have big plans for these little $1 finds from Michaels

My fall entryway table

That pitcher was up in my kitchen cupboard and just begging to have some fall foliage put in it!


Little Guys

On the dining room table...need a candle for that middle one.

I just stuffed some leaves and a pumpkin scented tea light in these and they're good to go


And now for the best part... Pumpkin Banana Bread!!

Now my house even smells like fall!!

And here's the recipe if any of you want to "fallify" too!

Pumpkin Banana Bread (from Country Living Magazine)
Makes 4 small loaves or 2 large loaves (or in my case 2 small loaves
and 1 large loaf)

Ingredients:
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
2/3 cup cooking oil
4 eggs
3 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. apple-pie spice (I used pumpkin pie spice b/c I didn't have
apple pie spice)
2/3 cup apple cider or water
1 15-oz can pumpkin
1 medium ripe banana mashed
1 6 oz pkg dried cranberries (optional-I didn't have any so they're
not in my bread)

Grease loaf pans. In a very large mixing bowl with an electric mixer
on medium speed beat sugars and oil.
Add eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each.

In a large mixing bowl combine flour, soda, salt, and pie spice.
Alternately add dry mixture and cider to sugar mixture, beating on low
speed after each addition just until combined.
Beat in pumpkin and banana. Stir in cranberries.

Spoon batter into prepared pans.
Bake at 350F oven for about 45 min for small pans or 50 to 60 minutes
for large pans or until wooden toothpick comes out clean.
If necessary, cover with foil the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning.
Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 min.
Remove from pans. Cool Completely on wire racks.
Wrap and store overnight before slicing. (Yeah, right...this so did not happen.)

Here's to a happy fall home!

p.s. For those who are following my 90 day journey, I made baked "fried" chicken with skillet corn and green beans last night for dinner. It's a keeper!

1 comments:

Brandon said...

awesome! We hope to visit in December!