Monday, September 14, 2009

One Year Ago Today...


Daryll and I are celebrating our one year anniversary today! It's hard to believe how quickly this year has passed. One year ago today, we were almost ready to walk down the aisle. Daryll was taking pictures with his groommen and I was sitting in my hotel room already dressed and ready. I remember feeling really relaxed at that moment (maybe it was something to do with the fact that it was too late to change things now...) and ready to start my new life as Mrs. Dorman. As I waited with my Dad to walk down the aisle I remember thinking that I was going to cry when I saw my mom and Daryll's mom pouring the sand. But then Giuseppe and Giovanni gave us some comic relief by drop kicking the ring pillow and I thereby avoided having all of my wedding pictures ruined by crying red eyes. :-) It was so wonderful to be absolutely surrounded by our family and friends. I am sure that it is a group dynamic that will never be repeated, but will always be cherished by both of us. The whole day was such a blur, even though I made a concentrated effort to soak it all in. I was and am still so lucky to be Daryll's bride and wife. And I'm looking forward to many, many more anniversaries and years spent together.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

andrea said:ahhh...and we are sooo happy to have you as our daughter in law...