Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Happy Pumpkin Spice Latte Day!

Well, it's back to blog land for me and it couldn't come on a better day...a little day I like to refer to as "Pumpkin Spice Latte Day," aka the BEST day of the year to go into a Starbucks. I mean really, there's nothing that a little bit of PSL can't make better. Viv and I coined a phrase a few years ago when we first discovered the PSL goodness: "It's like drinking fall..." Oh, and it is!! There are few things that are more fall to me than the PSL. Of course the weather today was nothing like fall, and I'd venture to say that in San Diego we'd hardly be able to tell that it's fall at all without the PSL (and the start of college football!!! Go Bucks!).

Today is day 2 of no work after KA and the new job hunt. Am I looking forward to it? No. But alas, it's an undesirable but necessary part of life. And the PSL makes it a little easier. :-)

Daryll and I played some softball tonight, and he was inches away from having a "Kirk Gibson" moment. You see, on Sunday Daryll and I were being very productive and finishing some home improvement projects. Daryll's project was to cut the shelves for the wire rack in our kitchen...glass shelves. I think you can already see where this story is heading. Daryll snapped the glass and it took it's revenge on his right wrist. Luckily the gash was not too deep or serious, but I thought it was bad enough for Daryll to sit out of softball this week. He did not agree with me and proceeded to show me the infamous at bat where Gibson is a wreck and still hits a homerun. I gave in and Daryll played in the game tonight, where he nearly sent one out of the park. So close, yet so far...

1 comments:

Meghan said...

I love Pumpkin Spice Lattes! They smell and taste like Fall...just like you said! Hope you're doing well! I saw a picture of your pugs and I have a pug too...his name is Frank!