Sunday, August 16, 2009

Lazin' on a Sunday...

Finally Daryll and I have had 2 weekends in a row without any plans or commitments. It has been soooo nice to just relax around the house and finish up some projects . I have a very special scrapbooking project that I have been working on and I am proud to say that I finished the entire thing in less than a month! Woo hoo for me!!

Only 2 weeks of camp left now and still no prospects on the job horizon. We'll just have to wait and see what God has in store for my career future. Hopefully there's something out there! I've really enjoyed my time at camp this summer and I'm glad that I got another opportunity to work there again. I was kinda sad on Friday because it was the last day for a lot of campers (including one of my favorites...not that I have favorites...). I've enjoyed the challenge of working with the leadership campers, but I also realized that I missed out a little bit on the rest of the groups. Oh well, I guess that's what the last 3 years were for ;-). Anyways, Friday of this week is our largest and most popular event, the carnival! I am very excited about it and am currently scheming up what will be the next big thing to hit the carnival scene. Previous years have included pie eating contests, lots of booths, a dunk tank, face painting, a caricature artist, bounce houses, and plenty of madness all around! Should be the highlight of the summer!

p.s. Here are a few more previously promised pictures from our visit with Daryll's grandparents.

0 comments: