Sunday, June 28, 2009

Update Time!





I've been so busy that I haven't had a moment to blog lately! But I'm on here now for a quick update on life. Daryll and I just got back from Henderson, NV this afternoon. We were there for a surprise party for my Great Uncle Rod's 89th birthday. He was so pleasantly surprised to see all of us and we all enjoyed ourselves immensely. We enjoyed hearing him tell amusing stories about his entire life to this point (many of which I hadn't even heard) while his daughter Sandy recorded them. We are so thankful that Uncle Rod is still doing well and it was wonderful to be there to celebrate 89 years of life with him.

This time of year in San Diego brings one of my favorite things...the fair! Daryll and I took advantage of the grandstand entertainment this past week, going to see Bill Engvall and Switchfoot. Both performances were fantastic in their own way; Bill Engvall was hillllllarious and Switchfoot put on a good show. We also got to see the little piggy races, which are definitely one of those small delights in life!

Work at camp has been going very well so far. This week's Leadership session is Food Frenzy, so on Friday we got a tour of a UCSD dining hall where the kids got to make their own lunch feast of spring rolls, stir-fry, pot stickers, and chocolate dipped rice krispy treats. Even I learned a bunch from it and had a lot of fun. Other fun activities of the week included a trip to the beach and a morning spent at the challenge course.

Anyways, I'm so far behind on blogging that I'm not even sure what I've missed or forgot to cover at this point, so I'm just going to move on and leave it at this for tonight!

P.S. Here are a few pictures from last weekend when Scotty was visiting.

1 comments:

George said...

looked for new blog, old ones still good to see