Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Let the Games Begin...

Over the weekend I was lucky enough to be able to help train the new Knock Around Counselor over our Training Weekend. It was such a fantastic weekend! Our new staff is going to be sooo great and I'm almost sad that I still have 2 weeks until camp starts full time. Friday night was our meet and greet/game night (which you know I love!) where we got our first glimpse of our fun and fantastic staff. Saturday our best laid plans got thrown out the window with the rainy weather so Sunday we were playing catch up. Luckily our staff was very attentive and quickly picked up and understood everything we were trying to teach them. I had some bad luck this weekned personally though. I got a cold on Thursday that lasted throughout the weekend (everybody will be surprised that I don't actually sound like a man on the first day of camp). Then on Saturday night I accidentally dropped a steak knife on my toe and cut it (luckily it didn't actually cut my toe off...). And theeeen, on Sunday I pulled my hamstring playing a tag game (which of course happened on cue right before our talk about safety). But, alas, I made it through the weekend and I'm feeling pumped up about the summer!

0 comments: