Friday, June 19, 2009

The Madness Begins...

Well, 1 week and 1 session down; 11 weeks and 6 sessions to go. My first week at camp was a challenging one, with the Leadership Camp's Theater session. The big group activity for the session is to create, plan, develop, and act in their own play. To say this could have been a nightmare is to put it mildly. My group was pretty young and mostly male, so in a word...immature. The last thing that any of them wanted to do was plan and rehearse a play. I left work Tuesday evening thinking that all hope was lost. There wasn't a chance that we'd actually pull this thing off. But then, Wednesday morning I woke up and inspiration hit! I presented the idea to the campers that day, they loved it, and we went from there. When they performed today I was very pleased that they had actually pulled it off (and also very relieved that I wouldn't have to do that again this summer!). You can read about the play a little bit over at the other blog. I'm glad to be finished with the first week and I'm looking forward to the 2nd session: Food Frenzy! Overall the first week was a raging success! The new counselors are AWESOME and the first day of camp was the smoothest first day I've seen in my 4 years at KA. My arm is sore from playing so much dodgeball, but I'm sure I'll survive it ;0). Now off to a great and friend-filled weekend!!

1 comments:

darylld said...

First week down!! Nice job!!