Monday, February 15, 2010

Lots of Lovin' and a Little Carpentry

Valentine's weekend got off with a jump start on Friday. Since Daryll had Friday off and not Monday, I decided to take the day off too to spend with my loving hubs. We headed down to La Jolla Cove where I surprised Daryll with a Hickory Farms picnic lunch (his favorite!).

We spent a few hours down there enjoying the sun, seals, sea lions, and tide pools.Later that evening Daryll treated me to a dinner out at Hunter Steakhouse. We'd never been before, but I think it's safe to say it could have just become one of our favorites.

On Saturday we took care of some stuff around the house and ran some errands,
including picking up some wood for part 2 of our entertainment center.

That afternoon Jen came over for a snuggie-making party! We headed out t
o the fabric store and picked out 2 very cute designs. Once we got back to the house, we sewed up our snuggies and curled up for a good old fashioned chick flick (at which point the boys came over, I might like to mention...).

Sunday morning Daryll made me a ham and cheese omelette with hash browns for
breakfast before we headed off to church. (Don't I have just the most wonderful husband?) We spent the better part of the afternoon drilling and screwing the pieces of wood together to make our hutch. It's nearly completed, and not too shabby if I do say so myself! I couldn't have imagined a better way to spend Valentine's day than working on a big project with my incredible husband. I am truly a very lucky girl!

0 comments: