Thursday, January 7, 2010

Window Shelf

I've been busy chipping away at all those old windows in my garage with various projects, and my most recent one was a gift for my mom.


It's a window shelf, complete with a vinyl swirl and bird decal stuck on the front! I started by sanding down the window and painting it heirloom white. I then took a 2x4, sawed it down to size and painted it as well. I glued the 2x4 to the window and attached the small brackets. Finally, I cut the vinyl out with my cricut and stuck it to the window front. I looove how it turned out (another one that I wanted to keep for myself!)!


I'm linking up the the I made it without my hubby party at Shanty2Chic!

Shanty 2 Chic


3 comments:

Elder Esplin said...

Super Cute! I love this...Windows have a special place in my heart. I just need to find some. Thanks for the fun idea!

Jennie @ Cinnaberry Suite

Jane said...

Love this! Love the idea. Love the decal! I don't have any real windows in my kitchen. I might have to copy this if a window crosses my path.

trish said...

Fabulous!
:o) Trish