Friday, January 15, 2010

Blog Makeover- Part 1

You've probably noticed by now that my blog underwent a little makeover recently. I'll be the first to admit that I didn't change all of this myself. (It's mostly a template.) BUT, I did make the header! Yay for me! Overall, I'd have to say I'm very pleased to not have to look at the blue dots anymore. I hope that I'll learn enough this year to be able to completely edit the look of my blog myself, but for now this will do. (On a side note, I miss getting comments on this blog! Or maybe nobody reads it anymore since I don't post everyday...sadness.)

Last night was the first night of the sewing class that I'm teaching this quarter, and it went so well! I found out when I returned to work in January that my class was already full (success!), but I was surprised when I showed up to class yesterday and I had 6 extra people show up who were trying to crash the class! Ultimately I only let one into the class (she stuck it out the longest!), so I'll be teaching 11 students over the next 7 weeks as they make the journey to becoming expert seamstresses! The class went quite well, despite the first day chaos of showing everybody how to use their machine with the different nuances each machine presented! (It would've been great if I could've multiplied myself for a while there!) Everybody seems really excited to dig in and start working on projects, and that's just what we're going to do starting next week! Pillowcases will be our first project!

There's me teaching

This weekend should be nice and quiet for us, and 3 days off for lucky me! Hopefully we'll have some time to continue to work on our top secret woodworking project. We're also going to try to make it out to the zoo. Sunday is of course the Charger's game and a 2nd week at City Bible Church San Diego. Just lovin' life right now...

2 comments:

lindsay nash schuil said...

I read your blog Trish! and I love the new design... looks way better! I'm so excited that you are teaching a sewing class... I wish I could take it... maybe the next one ;) Miss you... hope to see you soon!!

Unknown said...

andrea said...so glad that the class went so well for you...hope that everyone that attends enjoys it and spreads the word for the next time you have a class!!