Saturday, May 16, 2009

Saturday, Saturday!

It's been a crazy busy week and I haven't had a chance to get on here and blog, so I thought I'd take a free moment this morning and give a little update. Camp planning is in full swing right now so I've been heading into UCSD 3 days a week to fine tune and tweak my schedule for leadership camp. We're really far ahead of where we were at this time last summer, so we're going to try to get some special projects going too, which is always exciting.

Outside of camp I've been working on a couple of projects for my mom's work. I'm making the invitations for a retirement dinner and a tribute book. One Tuesday my Mom called and asked me to create a logo for an affiliated organization and have it finished by the end of the week. Mind you, I have never created a logo before. After the first evening of working on it I was pretty sure that I couldn't do it. But of course Mom gave me the whole "I've never heard you say that you can't do anything" speech, so then I had to do it despite myself. Overall, I think that the logo turned out pretty good. It was a good lesson in taking someone else's idea and making it come into fruition.

Last night Daryll and I went to the Padres game with a couple of my KA coworkers. We had a great time and it was a good game. And the Padres won! (We really happen to think that they should pay us to go to the games because they win 95% of the time that we go. ;-)

Anyways, that's about all to update you on for the week. Have an exceptional weekend!

2 comments:

Darylld said...

And of course they have both games we have gone to...which considering they are 14-24 that's pretty good odds supporting our theory. :-)

Tri This said...

correlation does not always prove causation... but i believe it for now. :-) see you guys this friday/daryll next weekend too. wow, don't think that's happened since high school.