Sunday, May 3, 2009

Confessions of a Domestic Goddess #1

Tonight I thought I'd get a head start on dinners for the week so I prepared 2 meals instead of one. One of our dinners was to include pulled pork sandwiches and the pork shoulder must cook for approximately 4 hours in the dutch oven, so I got started on that one quite early in the afternoon. A few hours later I started on our actual dinner for the night of grilled shrimp, mini quesadillas, and white corn. We finished dinner around 7 and I thought that we should utilize the still early hour by going to Coffee Bean for a chai latte and to play some Scrabble on Daryll's computer. We left at closing time (8:30) with the Scrabble game still up in the air and a quick car ride back home. As we came into the house I caught a whiff of a uncommon scent...pork! Yes, I had left the house for several hours with the forgotten pork shoulder still in the oven. Lucky for us there was plenty of liquid still in the dutch oven and the pork came out just perfect. Just another confession of a domestic goddess...

0 comments: