Sunday, February 8, 2009

A SLO Week!





I had an awesome week with my mom and Pete in San Luis Obispo. I think that our week could be summarized in 5 words: antiques, antiques, and more antiques! Mom and I share the antique-hunting gene and we put it to good use while we were in SLO. We hit up every antique store we could find from Cambria to Paso Robles to Arroyo Grande (and every city in between) oohing and ahhing at our unique finds and throwing around ideas about how we could turn the old items into new treasures. Mom came home with a collection of syrup dispensers and I came home with three salvaged windows with which I intend to create various projects. While visiting the central coast, we also got to see the HUGE population of elephant seals (a first for me!). We stood there watching them for so long that I actually got sunburned. Also, a small recommendation here: if you're ever in the old part of Paso Robles stop by a small bakery called C&C bakery. If you're lucky enough to be there on a Wednesday, you'll be treated to the most delicious tomato and roasted pepper soup that you've ever had as well as their moist and delicious garden bread. On Friday we headed back to Glendale in the rain, and Saturday I made the trek back to San Diego in the rain after having breakfast with Amy and mom. (I would have a picture of this if Amy had sent it to me :-). And today Daryll and I were very busy and productive...church, oil change (MUCH overdue), 2 hardware stores (to get busy on the projects), a run (aren't you proud mom?), a new dinner experiment (spring veggie soup with shells and shrimp...delicious!!), and tiring out 2 very hyper puppies. Tonight we're looking forward to a new Desperate Housewives after the 3 week hiatus and then the start of a new week.

1 comments:

Brandon said...

daryll is always kinda behind on the oil change thing... but sounds like a nice weekend. i got to spend pretty much all day sunday with meagan :-) and we saw the movie Taken on Friday night - once it starts it doesn't stop! I enjoyed it despite the killing. and we actually did watch last night's desperate housewives! pretty funny stuff. i had today off... when do you start design school? (oh, and are you running to get ready for the Splash and Dash?! online registration is now activated!)