Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Making Progress


Well, our front yard is still an absolute disaster, but at least the pipe is fixed now! No more leaky, stinky, muddy front yard (in a few weeks when hopefully everything grows back). So I guess it's a relief that it's done.

The apron-making and selling business is going pretty good so far. I've posted 6 aprons and I had someone ask me to reserve one for them to purchase, so I may have some good news coming up soon. It's a fun hobby and gives me something to do and look forward to so I'm not complaining. And it also allows my creativity to be stretched which is always a good thing. My newest apron the "Garden Waltz" is a full apron of my own design and I am very proud of how it turned out (see picture or my etsy site). It even has interfacing on the inside so that there's no tell-tell signs that it's handmade (loose threads, unfinished edges, etc.) It's amazing how many more things I have learned about sewing in just the few weeks I've been making aprons. I mean, I already knew the sewing basics, but now I find myself thinking like a seamstress and correcting myself before I make mistakes (and this has greatly reduced my overall sewing time as I don't have to go back and rip and resew seams).

Daryll and I watched American Idol tonight and just relaxed. It doesn't seem like there are too many extraordinary contestants this year, but hopefully by the time they get to the top 12 it will be entertaining. Anyways, that is all for tonight. More updates to come soon.

2 comments:

Brandon said...

meagan and i miss the blog!

George said...

lots of luck