Saturday, November 12, 2011

Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

We're moving! Daryll and I are mere days away from closing on our first home! It's such an exciting time, with all of these new "firsts" for us! I've found myself day dreaming about rugs and paint colors over the past few weeks and I am so looking forward to making the new house into a home.

As I've started packing up the boxes I can't help but be a little sad that we're leaving the first home we lived in as a married couple. We have had so many great memories in this home, working on projects together (painting and repainting, woodworking, to name a few...), to inviting others to share in our lives through parties and countless dinners.

I'm going to miss watching the dogs peek their little heads over the balcony at us and seeing Ella dart up and down the stairs after her ball. I'll also miss our fantastic and friendly neighbors who have kindly watched our dogs numerous times while we were out of town.

I know that our new home holds a lot of memories that we will spend years unlocking, but I will always cherish the memories that we made in our first home.

The final pictures will come off the wall and the final fall decor will be boxed up on November 19th. Then it's out with the ugly green carpet, and in with the new adventure of home ownership!

1 comments:

Darylld said...

Love it! Excited for a whole lot of new memories in our new place!!