Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Good Life

Happy 2011! I missed posting on 1.1.11, but I still got to write it on this post, and I have to say it's pretty satisfying! ;-) I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Years! I didn't quite finish the #Reverb 10 project with the busyness of the season in full gear, but I was really happy with the posts that I was able to do and hope you enjoyed reading them as well! Now onward to 2011...

I've been doing a lot of thinking about New Years Resolutions, like the past few years, and I have to say that I haven't come up with any yet. It's a little unfortunate because I had a 100% success rate with my 2010 resolutions...

As I moved into this year I've been considering Ali Edward's "One Little Word" project. I love the idea of focusing down into one manageable little word. Then today at church Pastor Jeff's entire message was about "One Thing"... seriously! So, my own one little word for 2011 is: GRACE!

Dictionary.com defines grace as:

- elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action.
- a pleasing or attractive quality or endowment.
- favor or good will.
- a manifestation of favor, esp. by a superior
- mercy; clemency; pardon: an act of grace.

- Theology:


    -the freely given, unmerited favor and love of god.

    -the influence or spirit of God operating in humans to regenerate or strengthen them.
    -virtue or excellence of divine origin: the Christian graces.
    -Also called state of grace. the condition of being in God's favor or one of the elect.
I feel so compelled to live my life graciously. I know that I'm rough around the edges sometimes and I also know that it it something that God has convicted me to work on in my life. So I shall work on living with more grace. And when I mess up, luckily I know that God has a lot of grace for me too! :-)


Another quote that caught my eye this week on the Reluctant Entertainer's blog is this:



"The good life – the one that truly satisfies – exists only when we stop wanting a better one.
It is the condition of savoring what is rather than longing for what might be."
-Chuck Swindoll, Wisdom for the Way



I would love to live my life that way. How amazing would it be to get to that point? The good life. I think I'm living it!

0 comments: