Monday, November 23, 2009

KA Thanksgiving

Today was the first day of our first ever KA Thanksgiving program! And boy am I wiped out! When I left work on Friday we had 29 kids signed up (I'd say successful since we just posted the camp 2 weeks ago), but when I arrived today I found out that 11 more kids had signed up over the weekend for a grand total of 40 today! Success! It's so rewarding to see the camp continually expanding and thriving! We had a fun day of classic KA games, gymnastics (my first time going to gymnastics EVER in my time at KA, if you can believe that), some lego engineering, and more KA games! At the end of the day one of the parents asked how the day was and I replied that it was great, but I'm definitely not in camp form right now! (Meaning that it's hard work keeping up with those kids!) I might be sore and sunburned tomorrow (ok, definitely sore and sunburned tomorrow), but I'm enjoying every minute of it!

0 comments: